Amity Regional School District Number 5 District was organized under provisions of Connecticut General Statutes, Chapter 164, as amended, on January 21, 1953, after approval by the voters of the Member Towns. The original senior high school was opened in Woodbridge in 1956. Reconstruction of the senior high school was substantially completed in 2005. A junior high school located in Orange was opened in 1959, and a junior high school situated in Bethany was opened in 1963. Renovations to both junior high schools were completed in 2005. The District completed a District-wide facilities improvement project in 2008 which converted both junior high schools to middle schools and added 80,000 square feet to the high school in order to accommodate the addition of the 9th graders. The District presently serves all of the public school population within the Member Towns in grades seven through twelve.