Athletic Department Policies & Information
Physicals: All athletes must have a current valid physical form on file with the nurses office prior to trying out or practicing with any sports team. It is our policy that an athlete's physical must be valid for the entire season they are participating in. Athletes must renew their physical form each year.
In addition, Dr. Germain has composed a letter regard the issue of what a valid physical is. Please click here for the letter on physicals from Dr. Germain.
TRAVEL (taken from p. 7 of student-athlete handbook)
All athletes must travel to and from athletic contests in transportation provided by the Athletic Department.
1. Athletes will remain with their team and under the supervision of the coach.
2. Athletes who miss the bus will not be allowed to participate in any contest unless there are extenuating circumstances and with the coach’s approval.
3. Parents will not transport athletes unless a travel release form is completed , (email is unacceptable) are submitted to the Coach preferably 48, but at least 24 hours prior to the contest for approval. The athletic director will give final approval.
4. In an emergency or extenuating circumstances, athletes may travel will an alternative adult. In this rare instance, an alternative adult transportation form must be completed and approved by the athletic director.
5. When transportation is not provided to off-campus home venues, athletes may not transport other student-athletes to any contests or practice sessions.
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL TRAVEL RELEASE FORMS - COMPLETE THE FORM, HAND IT TO YOUR COACH FOR APPROVAL, THEN HAND IT IN TO THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Per BOE policy no dogs/pets are allowed on any field or campus. Thank you for your cooperation.
The CIAC Staff has developed an informational tool for schools to use in educating student athletes and parents on maintaining eligibility for high school athletics.
For the CIAC eligibility link and brochure click here